Timeline of St. John the Baptist Parish/School
Log church built under direction of Rev. Father Bonduel, near Duck Creek, 3.5 miles northwest of Fort Howard, old cemetery established
Fr. Turcotte was appointed the parish's first pastor.
Fr. Goey was our pastor. He was the first postmaster of the settlement.
Large brick veneer church built on present property -- church entrance on west side
Rev. Edward F. Van Hootegem, Pastor, St. John the Baptist, 1881 - 1892
Three bells for the church were purchased for $252.82.
St. Leo's school was built with four rooms. The Sisters of St. Francis of Bay Settlement led the school.
St. Leo's school dedicated, October 1st, 1889