Teens begin thier Confirmation preparation when:
- They are Juniors in high school.
- They have attended formal Faith Formation classes or theology classes at a Catholic high school prior to the year they are to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation.
If a teen hasn't participated in Faith Formation classes or in Catholic high school theology consistently, he/she will need to meet with the coordinator to make arrangements before he/she can prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
The formal preparation program consists of:
Junior Year (Spring Semester)
Candidate-Parent Meeting - begin working on Picking a sponsor, Worship Notes, and a Service Project Proposal
Candidate-Sponsor Meeting - start 6 Candidate-Sponsor Sessions, service project, remaining Worship Notes and a summer interview with the Confirmation Coordinator
Senior Year will have continued preparation and the Celebration of the Sacrament
- Class sessions: Sundays, 7:00pm-8:30pm from September to January**
- Choose a confirmation name
- Confirmation Retreat
- Candidate letter to Bishop
- Final interview with Coordinator
- Confirmation (January/February)
Anyone 18 years of age or older who has never been confirmed in the Catholic Church is encouraged to prepare for the reception of this sacrament. Four or five preparations sessions are required, and confirmation is celebrated either in the parish with the high school students or at St. Francis Xavier Cathedral.
For more information, contact Sister Cathy Lange at 434-2417, ext. 214